Women get eyelash extensions to enhance the length, thickness, curliness and fullness of their natural lashes. You will see many women having these extensions, especially if it’s the wedding season. Eyelash extensions are not the same as the fake eyelashes that you can buy at the supermarket and stick on with glue temporarily. And like everything else, it’s important to educate yourself before booking an appointment to get that awesome flutter.
If you are new to this and still contemplating whether or not to get lash extensions, read these facts and tips that will help you make a decision:
• There are three types of eyelash extensions, including silk, mink and synthetic.
• They are available in different sizes, from 6mm to 17mm usually. Lash experts will select one for you depending on the condition of your natural lashes.
• It will take around two hours to apply a full set of lashes and this is a completely pain-free process.
• You can also go for a half set of lashes, which will be less expensive and can also produce a good look.
• Lashes are applied one by one to each eyelash, with the use of a specially formulated, semi-permanent glue. Sometimes this may cause some allergic reactions depending on your sensitivity. If you start experiencing any discomfort, tell the technician immediately.
• After application, you need to keep your eyes away from water for the next 12-24 hours.
• The extensions can be maintained for a year, with a visit to the salon recommended every month for refills, as they fall out with the growth of natural lashes.
• Extensions will not damage your natural lashes or eyes. Your eyes will be closed while the last expert is applying them.
It is advisable to do some research on the salon and the lash experts before choosing one, just like you would do with other beauty and hair services.