Wednesday 21 November 2018, 8:04 pm
4 'drug traders' killed in separate 'gunfights'                    Tarique joins nomination board on 4th day                    Chiefs of three services meet President                    'I consider premiership as scope to serve people'                    'Release 5 detained nomination aspirants'                    

Actress Nawshaba denied bail, sent to DMCH

Staff Reporter |
Inserted: 21:00, Monday 13 August 2018 || Updated: 21:08, Tuesday 14 August 2018

Actress Nawshaba denied bail, sent to DMCH - Entertainment

Dhaka: A Dhaka court on Monday rejected a petition seeking bail for actress Quazi Nawshaba Ahmed in a case filed under the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Act for allegedly spreading rumours on social media about the student protests for safe roads.

Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Asaduzzaman Nur passed the order this afternoon after Nawshaba’s lawyer AH Imrul Quasar filed the petition seeking bail for the actress upon completion of her 6-day remand in two phases.

Meanwhile, Nawshaba was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) this afternoon after she fell ill.

The court also rebuked Investigation Officer (IO) Rafiqul Islam, also an inspector of Cyber Crime Unit of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP), for not producing Nawshaba during today’s proceedings and instead allowing her to be taken to hospital without the court’s directive in this regard.

Nawshaba was taken to DMCH around 3:30pm as she was feeling ill, said DMP Deputy Commissioner (Media) Masudur Rahman.

She was taken to the medicine ward of DMCH where doctors have examined her, sources at the hospital said.

Doctors said that she was suffering from dysentery and also sent her to a diagnostic centre for a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan.

Nawshaba was detained from Uttara on August 4 for allegedly spreading rumours on social media about the student protests for safe roads. Police said she did so to create anarchy and confuse people.

The next day she was placed on a four-day remand after police produced her before the court with a seven-day remand prayer.

On August 10, A Dhaka court again granted a fresh two-day remand for Quazi Nawshaba Ahmed.


Any unauthorised use or reproduction of content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
Your Comments